Adventure/War (29)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

An Honorable Defeat; The Last Days of the Confederate Government / by William C. Davis

Like many Americans of my age, I became interested in the Civil War during my childhood in the early 1960s when my country observed the cen…

Started by Kim Allen Scott

0 Mar 1, 2013

Blood Meridian / by Cormac McCarthy

A Sydney friend of mine recommended this book, but getting my hands on a copy was not that easy.  In the library where I work there are two…

0 Jun 23, 2011

In the Heart of the Canyon - Elisabeth Hyde

Good book for a rainy public holiday read. A real page turner that tells the story of a group of strangers thrown together on rafting trip…

Started by Jane B

0 Apr 27, 2011

Fly Away Peter / by David Malouf

This is the third novel I have read by this poetic, intense author, and I think I like it the best.  Malouf uses some of the simplest plot…

0 Mar 26, 2011

Library Wars: Love & War Vol. 1: Yumi Kiiro

In 1989 the Japanese Government passed the Media Betterment Act and created an army known as the Media Betterment Committee who have the…

Started by Alycia Bailey

0 Feb 18, 2011

A Long Long Way - Sebastian Barry

A wonderful story by Irish Sebastian Barry about Irish soldiers fighting for the British Empire in WWI & Irish patriots in the 1916 Ea…

Started by Read, Review & Win

2 Jul 16, 2010
Reply by Thursday Mens reading group

The Captain's Vengeance : an Alan Lewrie naval adventure by Dewey Lambdin

This book is like reading a script for an unmade Errol Flynn movie - high ranking naval intrigue, southern belles, action on the Spanish M…

0 Nov 24, 2009

Beneath The Dark Ice by Greig Beck

A private plane crashes in Antarctica, the rescue team disappears and an underground chamber is discovered. Another rescue team and scienti…

Started by Jacqui

0 Aug 15, 2009

The Privateer's Revenge: a Kydd sea adventure by Julian Stockwin

A well written exciting seafaring adventure story written by a man who certainly knows a frigate from a schooner. It is spoiled only by th…

0 May 7, 2009

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service