Biography (79)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Woman I was Born to Be by Susan Boyle

This is a fantastic book that tells you the inside story of what Susan Boyle's past and present life was, and is, like.  It also gives you…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Jan 19, 2015

The Promise of a Pencil : How an ordinary person can create extraordinary change by Adam Braun

An inspiring story. Starting with $25, a young Adam Braun determined to help educate and improve the lives of children in poverty. He esta…

0 Aug 12, 2014

Kitty's War : The remarkable wartime experiences of Kit McNaughton by Janet Butler

Army nurse, Sister Kit McNaughton, endured the horrors and hardships of the four years of World War 2.  Many experiences are revealed, quo…

0 Jul 21, 2014

See No Evil by Ron Felber

An extraordinary book based on the true srory of a Jewish kid from the Bronx who became a mafia insider. He faces the dilemma between loyal…

0 Jul 15, 2014

The Kelly Gang Unmasked / by Ian McFarlane

One thing about the outlaw Ned Kelly; few people are neutral in their opinion of him.  Some, like myself, have a juvenile fascination with…

Started by Kim Allen Scott

0 Mar 5, 2014

Wyatt Earp: A Vigilante Life / by Andrew C. Isenberg

BREAKING NEWS!!!!! :  Wyatt Earp was not the hero that Hollywood has made him out to be!  Gosh, you mean you heard that already?  So has ev…

0 Oct 8, 2013

Madness: a memoir by Kate Richards

The literal meaning of psychiatry is healing of the soul. Kate Richards bravely lays bare her own soul and takes us on a journey deep into…

Started by Merilyn

0 Apr 16, 2013

Inventing Wyatt Earp: His Life and Many Legends / by Allen Barra

There are few symbols of the American frontier experience that are as readily recognized around the globe as Wyatt Earp.  There is somethin…

0 Mar 15, 2013

My Droving Days : life on the long paddock by Peter & Shirley Moore

Peter, at 21 did not like pastry cooking in Manly so headed for Brewarrina, spending the next five years working in western NSW and Queensl…

0 Feb 19, 2013

Shanti bloody shanti : an Indian odyssey by Aaron Smith

This book is absorbing from beginning to end but very confronting, and as an older person, I found the cavalier attitude of the author and…

0 Nov 20, 2012

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service