Biography (79)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Through her story of growing up, first in Somalia, then in Saudi Arabia, Aden and Kenya, Ayaan Hirsi Ali opens the reader's eyes to the ro…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Aug 28, 2012

A Widow's Story : A Memoir by Joyce Carol Oates

Joyce Carol Oates, the great American novelist, author of over 100 books, has written an unflinching memoir of widowhood.  When she lost h…

Started by Jane R

0 Aug 20, 2012

Piano Lessons by Anna Goldsworthy

Anna Goldsworthy is an Australian classical pianist and writer.  In her remarkable memoir she recalls her first steps towards a life in mus…

1 Jul 11, 2012
Reply by Lindach

Charles Dickens : a life by Jane Smiley

Pulitzer Prize Winning American novelist Jane Smiley is an essayist, scholar and fan of legendary writer, Charles Dickens. In 2002 she wrot…

1 May 4, 2012
Reply by Lindach

Absolutely by Joanna Lumley

A great book, interesting and easy to read.  Loads of interesting illustrations.  What an absolutely fabulous life!

0 Apr 24, 2012

Happiest refugee :the extraordinary true story of a boy's journey from starvation at sea to becoming one of Australia's best-loved comedians by Anh Do.

Remember the outcry against the Vietnamese boat people? Sounds familiar. Comedian Anh Do was amongst them. I really enjoyed this laugh-out…

Started by Jenni Wong

4 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by Jenni Wong

Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen Degeneres

I felt like I was having a conversation with Ellen Degeneres as I read this book as it's more a commentary on life then a true biography.…

Started by Jacqui

0 Dec 29, 2011

Nothing to do with Justice: the Di Fingleton story - Diane Fingleton

I remember hearing about Queensland's Chief Stipendiary Magistrate being charged with a crimminal offence on the news in 2002 and then l…

Started by Jane B

0 Dec 8, 2011

Cooking for Claudine:how I cooked my way into the heart of a formidable French family by John Baxter

After my trip to Paris and France earlier this year I have become obsessed with everything French and also Parisian! So I was very happy t…

Started by Lindach

0 Oct 4, 2011

Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe

This was a fascinating read on the life of actor Rob Lowe. Plenty of name dropping throughout and personal insights on the dark side of Ho…

Started by Jacqui

0 Sep 11, 2011

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service