Biography (79)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

John Newton - From Disgrace to Amazing Grace by Jonathan Aitken - a review from a Mosman Library Reader

How many people know the story behind the well-known hymn "Amazing Grace"? This well-written book is a biographical account of John Newton'…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Nov 23, 2009

Monash : the outsider who won a war : a biography of Australia's greatest military commander

Roland Perry has written a "must read" if you want to fully understand the problems Monash had to overcome. A brilliant book, and a great t…

0 Nov 20, 2009

Choir Man by Jonathon Welch

If you like autobiographies and learning about opera, choirs, family life, and relationships with parents and siblings, this is a book for…

0 Nov 20, 2009

Roma the first : a biography of Dame Roma Mitchell by Susan Magarey

Definitely 5 stars! Thoroughly enjoyed this book. It kept a good pace and made the history of not only Dame Roma, but also South Australia…

0 Nov 16, 2009

Between the Lines by Jason Donovan

I can't help liking Jason. Despite the cheese factor, he seems like a thoroughly nice and honest person. No hiding anymore. He's been very…

0 Nov 10, 2009

Audition by Barbara Walters

Audition is an intimate look at the ups and downs of the personal life and professional chronicles of television queen of broadcasting and…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Oct 19, 2009

"The secret life of Marilyn Monroe" by J.Randy Taraborrelli

One for Marilyn Monroe fans but not quite as "sensational" as some other biographies that have been written about her! I found this book in…

Started by Ashleigh Veitch

0 Oct 16, 2009

Alek:Sudanese Refugee to International Supermodel by Alek Wek

I really enjoyed this book. Alek is an inspiration to young girls. I was fascinated to read about life growing up in Sudan during the Civil…

0 Sep 16, 2009

The music of silence by Andrea Bocelli

Tenor Andrea Bocelli takes us on a journey from his childhood as an infant with glaucoma, to aged twelve when he became completely blind d…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Jul 14, 2009

Madness Under the Royal Palms: Murder, Money and Mischief Behind the Gates of Palm Beach by Laurence Leamer

This book is a typical gossipy look at the lifestyles and characters of some of the mega wealthy who spend time wintering in Palm Beach Fl…

Started by Jane B

0 Jun 22, 2009

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service