Biography (79)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Honeymoon in Tehran by Azadeh Moaveni

This book was written by Iranian American journalist Azadeh Moaveni who rerturned to Iran in 2005 to work and fell in love. She ended up s…

Started by Lindach

0 Jun 15, 2009

Love our way by Julia Rollings.

A true story about an Australian family raising their six adopted children. The story contains some sinister and tragic events. 4 Stars. (T…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Jun 15, 2009

The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson.

With the fifties era being the height of fashion at the moment, Bryson's latest book is very timely. He transports us back to a time when…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Jun 15, 2009

Life In His Hands - Susan Wyndham

The true story of a Neurosurgeon and a Pianist. This is a very heartwarming tell of a young concert pianist Aaron McMillian who was diagnos…

Started by Cindi R

1 May 29, 2009
Reply by Andi Pandi

"Heaven's Harlots: My fifteen years in a sex cult" by Miriam Williams

Miriam Williams was an idealistic young lady drawn to religion and communal living. The Children Of God, with what starts out with seemingl…

Started by Ashleigh Veitch

0 May 28, 2009

Giants: the parallel lives of Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln

Frederick Douglass began life as an American slave. He faced incredible hardships in a bid to lead a good life - learning to read and writ…

Started by Shirley Diegelman

2 Apr 1, 2009
Reply by Shirley Diegelman

STONE ME: The Wit and Wisdom of Keith Richards - Compiled byMark Blake

This is a book for all lovers of the "Rolling Stones" In particular Keith. I laughed through the whole book !! I highly recommend it to al…

Started by Ronaldo

0 Mar 27, 2009

Parky: My Autobiography - Michael Parkinson

Recommended by my father-in-law for the cricketing stories. Like Parky, his hero was Keith Miller and there's an anecdote about Miller's re…

Started by Bern

1 Mar 18, 2009
Reply by Jenni Wong

William Shatner - Up Till Now (Autobiography)

This is an intriguing AutoBiography into the life of Canadian Actor William Shatner with an acting career spanning more than five decades (…

Started by Kevin N

0 Jan 2, 2009

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service