Detective/Mystery/Crime (53)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Remorseful Day / by Colin Dexter

I had put off reading this novel as long as I could, because I know I am going to miss Inspector Morse.  For thirteen novels author Colin D…

Started by Kim Allen Scott

0 Feb 21, 2014

Breaking Point by C.J. Box - a Read, Review & Win winning review

Thrillers are not my favourite genre, but hey, the title appealed and, if I'm being really honest, so did the cover.  From the first page…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Jul 23, 2013

The Wench is Dead / by Colin Dexter

It is fashionable among academic colleagues to claim one does not watch television, but I think such snobbery sells short the fact that tel…

0 Jul 20, 2013

Thérèse Raquin by Émile Zola

This review was written by Cynthia Haskell, a member of the Tuesday Evening Book Club. First published in1867, Thérèse Raquin is the fourt…

Started by Tuesday evening book club

0 May 14, 2013

The Garden of Beasts by Jeffery Deaver.

This review was written by David McMahon, a member of the Tuesday Evening Book Club. Set in Berlin at the time of the 1936 Olympics, this…

0 Oct 18, 2012

Hand Me Down World by Lloyd Jones

This review was written by Cynthia Haskell a member of the Tuesday Evening Book Club. Published in 2010 by New Zealand writer Lloyd Jones,…

0 Mar 13, 2012

Fun & Games by Duane Swierczynski

An actress survives various attempts on her life but then she meets Charlie Hardie, a house sitter ex-cop who helps her escape from the 'A…

Started by Jacqui

0 Feb 8, 2012

Under the Banner of Heaven / by Jon Krakauer

In one sense, the Mormon Church hasn’t done very well in the arena of English speaking public opinion.  Critics of the faith, armed with a…

1 Feb 3, 2012
Reply by Jane B

Think of a number by John Verdon

A retired police detective is contacted by an old college friend who has received some threatening letters from an anonymous source who see…

Started by Jacqui

0 Jun 23, 2011

The Distant Hours by Kate Morton

If you have read Kate Morton's previous two novels you will be familiar with the way her writing gradually sucks you in until you are total…

Started by Kate

1 Apr 4, 2011
Reply by Jane B

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service