Fiction A-Z (General) (343)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Love Anthony by Lisa Genova

Reach for the box of Kleenex, Love Anthony is a tear-jerker. The third novel by NY Times best seller, Lisa Genova is as emotional, engaging…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Jul 12, 2016

This Must Be the Place by Maggie O'Farrell

Maggie O'Farrell is one of my favourite authors and I first discovered her work when I read the Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox which I highl…

Started by Lindach

0 Jul 7, 2016

All the light we cannot see by Anthony Doerr

I highly recommend this 2015 Pullitzer Prize winning novel by Anthony Doerr. Set in St Malo during the Second World War , it tells the stor…

Started by Lindach

3 Jun 14, 2016
Reply by Karen Redlich

Go Set A Watchman...if you haven't read it yet, now's the time!

Question: Have you read it yet!? The young Jean Louise (Scout) Finch had many adventures in To Kill A Mockingbird, including rolling into t…

Started by Karen Redlich

0 May 16, 2016

The Children Act by Ian McEwan

A powerful and interesting book covering the outcomes of a High Court Judge's decisions related to matters covering a teenager's refusal to…

1 Feb 17, 2016
Reply by Read, Review & Win

The Children Act by Ian McEwan

This book review was written by Cynthia Haskell, a member of the Tuesday Evening Book Club. Published in 2014, The Children Act is the 13th…

Started by Tuesday evening book club

0 Feb 5, 2016

The Hundred-Foot Journey by Richard Morais

A lightweight but thoroughly enjoyable story set in India and France.

0 Jan 11, 2016

Searching for Grace Kelly by Michael Callahan

An absolute gem of a "chic" book - 50's era. Young women making life choices - expected to marry??  Career??  Beautiful dressing and groomi…

0 Jan 11, 2016

Salt Creek by Lucy Treloar

If your ancestors were early white settlers or indigenous people, then read this book. If not, read it anyway. Many disasters befall this l…

0 Jan 6, 2016

The Lightkeeper's wife by Karen Viggers

This is the best book I've read in a long time.  Finely crafted with feeling and sympathy for the human condition  -  hard to believe it's…

0 Sep 9, 2015

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service