Fiction A-Z (General) (343)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Matthew Flinders' Cat by Bryce Courtenay

Excellent insight into dependency issues and detox/recovery. A narrative within a narrative, I was more interested in the contemporary issu…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Aug 24, 2015

The Recruit by Robert Muchamore (First title in the "Cherub" series)

In this book, the author has a way of bringing in the reader without making it boring or adding any unnecessary information like most autho…

0 Aug 12, 2015

The Household Guide to Dying by Debra Adelaide.

I found this to be sometimes confusing and confronting, but overall a good story written from an unusual perspective, and a good reminder f…

0 Aug 4, 2015

Above the Fold by Peter Yeldham

A 'can't put down' novel of friendship, set within historical events in the world, and particularly Australia. The main character, Luke, t…

Started by Summer Read, Review & Win!

0 Feb 2, 2015

Still Alice by Lisa Genova

Watching my mother-in-law deteriorate mentally, via skype from the U.S., is terribly sad. "Still Alice" is a gripping novel which provides…

0 Jan 27, 2015

Remember Me........a novel by Derek Hansen

This is a most satisfying novel! Derek Hansen has captured the workings of the mind of a 12 year-old boy so very cleverly, and shows what…

0 Jan 21, 2015

Mr. Mac and me by Esther Freud

The individuals in this delightful novel are fictional, except for Scottish Art Nouveau architect, Charles Rennie Mackintosh and artist wi…

0 Jan 20, 2015

Cry Father by Benjamin Whitmer

Hard hitting desert noir.  Damaged men, drugs, violence, married with redemption and tough, tough love. Wonderful!

0 Jan 19, 2015

"Let Me Whisper You My Story" by Moya Simons

Let me whisper you my story was a sad but intriguing book about World War II. I enjoyed reading from Rachel’s perspective a…

0 Jan 12, 2015

"Love, Rosie" by Cecelia Ahern

I loved reading Love, Rosie! I thought it was a unique love story that was written completely in letters, emails, texts and…

0 Jan 12, 2015

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service