Fiction A-Z (General) (343)

Featured Discussions

The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht

Tea Obreht is only 25 but has written a novel showing a maturity beyond her years and a bright future as a writer. Before she published th…

Started by LindachLatest Reply

American Rust - Philipp Meyer

This novel hit me hard on many levels. On the surface it is about two friends, Isaac English,twenty years old, brainy yet socially inept w…

Started by Jane BLatest Reply

Not that Sort of Girl - Mary Wesley

This is my first Mary Wesley book recommended by a friend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although The Times blurb on the front said 'part lo…

Started by Jane BLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Free Food for Millionaires by Min Jin Lee

When I finished reading Pachinko and couldn’t recover from my book hangover, I knew Min Jin Lee’s debut novel was the answer to my literary…

Started by Renee Fittler

0 Feb 18, 2019

Mister Pip / by Lloyd Jones

One of the best things about reading this fine book was my ability to complete it while here at the Byron Bay Writer's Festival, a celebrat…

Started by Kim Allen Scott

0 Aug 6, 2018

Oliver Twist / by Charles Dickens

I could have never read this book without the knowledge that it would have a happy ending. Oliver Twist is so unspeakably sad in its openin…

0 Jul 3, 2018

Lincoln in the Bardo / by George Saunders

There are few American heroes as universally honored as Abraham Lincoln.  His masterful handling of the worst crisis this nation ever faced…

1 May 31, 2017
Reply by Karen Redlich

The Return of Little Big Man / by Thomas Berger

Sequels are rarely as good as the book that inspired them, but this one comes close.  Author Thomas Berger had to perform some situational…

0 Apr 25, 2017

The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry

This book draws you into the disturbing world of a young woman in western Ireland, in the early part of the last century.  It touches on Ir…

Started by Read, Review & Win

1 Feb 14, 2017
Reply by Read, Review & Win

Robbery Under Arms / by Rolf Boldrewood

If you haven’t read this Australian classic lately (or if you have never read it) do yourself a favor and pick up a copy.  Robbery Under Ar…

2 Jan 25, 2017
Reply by Karen Redlich

Days Without End by Sebastian Barry

I always look forward to a new book by Sebastian Barry and it is usually a couple of years wait between novels. This book was certainly wor…

Started by Lindach

0 Jan 24, 2017

Read Review & Win is back for January

Did you know, that by reviewing a book on Mosman Readers this January, you go into the draw to win a $200 dining card to spend at the beaut…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Jan 18, 2017

Ross Poldark / by Winston Graham

OK, I will admit it.  Often my reading habits are dictated by the television.  On one hand, I generally read more when there is nothing on…

2 Jan 4, 2017
Reply by Lindach

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service