Fiction A-Z (General) (343)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Savage Detectives - Roberto Bolaño

When I finished The Savage Detectives, I found I'd enjoyed it. I couldn't really tell you what it's about except that it's about everything…

Started by Bern

0 Apr 6, 2009

Water for elephants by Sara Gruen

This is an entertaining, fast-paced and interesting read. Jacob Jankowski is the main character, he recounts the time he spent working f…

Started by Shona

1 Mar 27, 2009
Reply by Merilyn

Past Imperfect - Julian Fellows

Julian Fellows is obsessed with the ways of the snobbish aristocracy and his first book Snobs took a humerous look how hard it is hard for…

Started by Jane B

1 Mar 26, 2009
Reply by Merilyn

The Kept Man - Jami Attenberg

The Kept Man is a vibrant, brutal, and beautiful portrayal of a young woman waiting. Jarvis Millers struggles with life and legacy of her c…

Started by Cindi R

0 Mar 23, 2009

The Steele Diaries - Wendy James

Weaving together the narratives of three very different women, living in vastly different times, The Steele Diaries paints a rich and evoca…

Started by Cindi R

0 Mar 23, 2009

The truth about these strange times - Adam Foulds

This book is from a first time author who is also a poet which I think is evident in the story with the very vivid descriptions of the char…

Started by MLB

1 Mar 13, 2009
Reply by Lindach

Autobiopsy - Bernice Rubens

This is the tale of an author; who having struggled with writers block for some time finds relief by stealing the brain of Walter Berry,…

Started by Tim

1 Mar 5, 2009
Reply by Ashleigh Veitch

Q & A by Vikas Swarup

Swarup's inventive debut traces the fortunes of Ram Mohammad Thomas from "Asia's biggest slum" to being the first and last winner on the…

Started by Jenni Wong

4 Mar 5, 2009
Reply by Jane B

Swallow in the air by Tara June Winch

A collection of short stories strung together into a novella about the violent life of 15 year old indigenous girl May Gibson and her broth…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Feb 24, 2009

A thousand country roads by Robert James Waller

Epilogue to the bridges of Madison County I found this to be very interesting even though it ends along one of the country roads as the c…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Feb 24, 2009

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service