Fiction A-Z (General) (343)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A guide to the birds of East Africa by Nicholas Drayson

A love story set in East Africa involving a bird watching group. A charming and delightful read, the most lovely and refreshing book I have…

Started by Jacqui

2 Feb 24, 2009
Reply by Jacqui

Dissection by Jacinta Halloran

I am always looking out for new and interesting authors, especially Australian and so was pleased to discover ‘Dissection’ by Melbourne aut…

Started by Merilyn

0 Feb 23, 2009

The reader by Bernhard Schlink

This is quite a challenging book, set in postwar Germany about a teenage boy who has an affair with an mysterious older woman more that tw…

Started by Jenni Wong

1 Feb 18, 2009
Reply by Lindach

Balzac and the little Chinese seamstress by Dai Sijie

This is an enchanting romantic comedy with only one character given a name, the rest are given nicknames. It is funny and engaging but has…

Started by Jenni Wong

1 Feb 17, 2009
Reply by Jane B

When will there be good news? By Kate Atkinson

I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book as it has had so many great reviews and having never read any Kate Atkinson novels was keen to…

Started by Merilyn

0 Feb 6, 2009

Brief Lives - Anita Brookner

This is my first Anita Brookner book and while it is very well written it is also a very depressing story. The main character, Fay, compro…

Started by Jane B

0 Feb 2, 2009

The Citadel - A. J. Cronin

Andrew Manson is a gifted physician who undergoes great changes in his personality in the quest for the perfect life for himself. As an id…

Started by Tim

1 Jan 29, 2009
Reply by Lindach

Veuve Taylor (Escaping) by Henrietta Taylor

Veuve Taylor is the story of a fairytale gone wrong – told with humour as well as its tragic consequences, and its surprising and triumph…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Jan 22, 2009

Lulu in Marrakech by Diane Johnson

. The blurb on this book looked good. Intrigue in foreign places, spys, a love interest, expat communities in an exotic location...Pultizer…

Started by Jane B

1 Jan 19, 2009
Reply by Lindach

Various Flavours of Coffee by Anthony Capella

A great read with interesting characters, locations and romance. If you are a coffee lover you will enjoy this. The main character is Rober…

Started by Lindach

0 Jan 14, 2009

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service