Fiction A-Z (General) (343)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult

Review by Cynthia Haskell, a member to the Tuesday Evening Book Club. Published in 2013, The Storyteller is the 23rd novel by Jodi Picoult.…

Started by Tuesday evening book club

0 Apr 7, 2014

Jeeves and the Wedding Bells : a homage to P.G. Wodehouse

What ho! A great read by gad, enjoyable, light and humorous. I haven't read any Wodehouse yet, only toyed with the idea but I shall certain…

Started by Jane B

0 Mar 20, 2014

The Accursed - Joyce Carol Oates

I enjoyed this book, with Joyce Carol Oates as writer, it was never going to be a fast read pap horror story. I enjoyed the 'rambling aside…

Started by Jane B

0 Mar 20, 2014

The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton

This year's Man Booker Prize winner is a really good read. Set in the 1860s Gold Rush era on the west coast of New Zealand it is a rollick…

Started by Lindach

0 Nov 21, 2013

The universe according to Alex Woods by Gavin Extence

Sometimes a book comes along that ticks all the boxes and this is one of them. Alex Woods was hit on the head by a meteorite at age 10 now…

Started by Merilyn

0 Oct 23, 2013

Tell the wolves I'm home by Carol Rifka Brunt

This is a beautifully written coming of age novel told through the eyes of 14 yr old June Elbus whose beloved uncle Finn has just died from…

Started by Merilyn

0 Oct 15, 2013

The Hundred-Year-Old Man who climbed out of the window and disappeared by Jonas Jonasson - a Read, Review & Win winning review

When Allan Karlsson wakes up undead on the morning of his 100th birthday without a stiff drink, something must be done.  So out the window…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Jul 16, 2013

Life After Life by Kate Atkinson - A Read, Review & Win winning review

Life After Life is a compelling exploration of the pathways our lives take, and how a small change in an event or decision at any point can…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Jul 16, 2013

Z:a Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler

What a perfect novel to read to coincide with the release of Baz Luhrman's new movie The Great Gatsby! The novel is a fictionalised biogr…

Started by Lindach

0 May 20, 2013

The Dalai Lama's Cat - David Michie

This is a novel about Buddhist philosophy as explained by a cat - but not just any cat - by the constant companion of His Holiness the Dala…

Started by Jane B

0 Apr 11, 2013

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service