Fiction A-Z (General) (343)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Second Chances by Charity Norman

Having traveled half-way around the world from England to the picturesque but remote New Zealand Martha and her family has nothing but hope…

Started by Merilyn

0 Sep 14, 2012

Scarlet Feather by Maeve Binchy

Set in contemporary Ireland, filled with warmth, wit and drama, Scarlet Feather is the story of Cathy Scarlet and Tom Feather, their spous…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Sep 12, 2012

The Cat's Table - Michael Ondaatje

I'm not sure how I feel about 'The Cat's Table', it was quite enjoyable reading about the three boy's escapades on board the Oronsay, the s…

Started by Jane B

0 Sep 6, 2012

A friend of the family by Lauren Grodstein

A friend of the family is one of those books that begin with the end of the story so although you know the outcome you don’t know the circu…

Started by Merilyn

0 Aug 20, 2012

Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert

A lifetime of devoted reading is saturated with pleasant memories.  Some spring to mind; the school English curriculum and reading of choi…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Aug 11, 2012

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce

Harold Fry is recently retired and lives in a small English village with his wife Maureen. His life has become mundane and boring and his…

Started by Jane R

0 Aug 1, 2012

Go to sleep by Helen Walsh

It been a long time since I came home with my first newborn feeling dazed and sleep deprived and unsure of what lay ahead. Even still I rem…

Started by Merilyn

0 Jul 23, 2012

I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg

I really enjoy reading Fannie Flagg's books. She is adept at writing feel good books full of endearing (and some not so endearing) charact…

Started by Jane B

0 Jun 28, 2012

Anatomy of a disappearance by Hisham Matar

Set in Cairo this is the story of Nuri whose mother dies when he is just a young boy leaving him to be raised by his father. When Nuri’s f…

Started by Merilyn

0 Jun 5, 2012

Kim / by Rudyard Kipling

I figured it was about time that I read the novel whose title is my namesake, and I wonder why it took me so long.  India has been an inter…

Started by Kim Allen Scott

0 May 25, 2012

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service