Historical (44)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New South Wales and Queensland / by Anthony Trollope

Anthony Trollope was one of England’s most popular authors in the nineteenth century.  His well-drawn characters and situational plots that…

Started by Kim Allen Scott

0 Dec 14, 2011

Restoration - Rose Tremain

I happened upon Restoration whilst browsing around my mother's retirement village library and because I've read a couple of Rose Tremain'…

Started by Jane B

0 Aug 23, 2011

Jamrach's Menagerie by Carol Birch

The book colourfully describes the life of a poverty-stricken young boy, Jaffy Brown, growing up in 19th Century London.  Jaffy's life take…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Jul 18, 2011

The Island by Victoria Hislop

This review was written by Beverley Hillsdon, a member of the Tuesday Evening Book Club. "The Island" by Victoria Hislop, is set around a l…

Started by Tuesday evening book club

0 Jun 29, 2011

The Good Earth by Pearl Buck

"The Good Earth" is the first volume of a trilogy. The plot follows the life of a peasant farmer and his descendants in pre-Revolutionary C…

Started by Shona

0 Jun 6, 2011

The Dressmaker by Posie Graeme-Evans

I loved this book! It was a little predictable, but very entertaining. An historical fiction set in London in the 1800's the imagery is…

Started by AmandaS

0 Mar 30, 2011

The Bushrangers / by William Joy and Tom Prior

I never look a gift horse in the mouth, and when my friend presented me with a copy of this book during my recent visit to New South Wales…

Started by Kim Allen Scott

0 Mar 25, 2011

The Confession of Katherine Howard by Suzanne Dunn

An enjoyable read.  Seems that teenage girls in the 16th century weren't so different from 21st century teenage girls!

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Mar 8, 2011

True History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Carey

"True History of the Kelly Gang" by Peter Carey is, as its title suggests, a novel about Ned Kelly. It is written in the voice Of Kelly and…

Started by Thursday Mens reading group

0 Nov 2, 2010

My wicked marquess by Gaelen Foley

Part of new series, the Inferno Club I think Gaelen Foley has changed publishers as this bodice ripper is crap! I persevered but found the…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Sep 9, 2010

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service