Non-fiction (145)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Killing the earth to save it by James Delingpole

James Delingpole is a Spectator columnist, outspoken blogger and climate skeptic. His book is sub-titled "How environmentalists are ruinin…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Nov 20, 2012

Around the World in Eighty Dishes by David Loftus

Travel the world in timeless recipes that follow in the footsteps of Phileas Fogg and his journey around the world in 80 days.  Featuring…

0 Oct 29, 2012

The Longest Way Home - Andrew McCarthy

Ordinarily, I would tend to shy away from books written by actors.  And it was only as an actor that I knew Andrew McCarthy at that point. …

Started by Fran Cormack

0 Oct 16, 2012

Crusoe : Daniel Defoe, Robert Knox and the creation of a myth by Katherine Frank

Daniel Defoe's Robinson Crusoe created a myth that today is available in every written language.  Katherine Frank retrieved forgotten deta…

0 Aug 20, 2012

The Tall Man: Death and Life on Palm Island - Chloe Hooper

The Tall Man was published in 2008 and won a slew of awards in 2009 including the NSW Premier's Literary Award, the Victorian Premier's Lit…

Started by Jane B

0 Aug 2, 2012

The Testimony by Halina Wagowska

An incredible true story of a journey to hell and back, and one woman's determination to overcome adversity and live a life full of optimi…

0 Jul 10, 2012

Savage Summit - The True Stories of the First Five Women Who Climbed K2, the World's Most Feared Mountain - Jennifer Jordan

I came across Jennifer Jordan's Savage Summit after reading Graham Bowley's No Way Down: life and death on K2, about the 2008 climbing tra…

Started by Jane B

0 Jun 28, 2012

French Ties: Love,life and recipes by Jane Webster

This is truly a book to escape with! It is written by Melbourne woman, Jane Webster, whose earlier book At My French Table chronicled he…

Started by Lindach

0 Jun 1, 2012

Ashes in the Air by Ali Alizadeh

I do not read much poetry but I was interested in this collection after reading two previous books by this author. The poems are mostly au…

Started by Lindach

1 May 28, 2012
Reply by Lindach

The Arab Spring edited by Toby Manhire

This book clarifies the uprisings of the Arab world - the chain reaction that is changing the political landscape of North Africa and the M…

0 May 28, 2012

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service