Non-fiction (145)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tokyo Vice by Jake Adelstein

It’s hard to believe this story about the seedy, criminal side of Japan is actually true! After studying in Japan American Jake Adelstein d…

Started by Merilyn

0 Feb 15, 2011

A Big Little Life : a memoir of a joyful dog by Dean Koontz

A joyful account of a beloved pet - Trixie, a golden retriever.  Set in southern California with interesting references to an organisation,…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Feb 8, 2011

Mum had a Kingswood by Tim Ross

I had a good laugh as this is a funny book comprising of stories from the life and mind of by comedian Tim 'Rosso' Ross. There are warm, f…

Started by Jenni Wong

2 Feb 5, 2011
Reply by Jenni Wong

MI6 : The History of the Secret Intelligence Service 1909 -1949 by Keith Jeffery

Curiosity got me interested, even more so when I realised that Robert Menzies was Australian PM while Stewart Menzies was 'C' (Chief) of SI…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Feb 2, 2011

Life - Keith Richards

Keef can tell a story, and he has more than a few. Life is an entertaining read, on many levels. The beginning is better than the end, a…

Started by Bern

0 Jan 31, 2011

Final rounds :a father, son, the golf journey of a lifetime by James Dodds

The Dodsons always knew where to go to solve their problems; the golf course!  For decades, both father and son took refuge ther together.…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Jan 21, 2011

Stasiland by Anna Funder

The group really enjoyed this read, it caused much discussion and even led to a debate about the whole wikilinks issue that has been a hot…

Started by Thursday Mens reading group

1 Jan 11, 2011
Reply by Bern

Have a little faith :a true story by Mitch Albom

Focusses on a faith journey for those who were born into faith, have lost faith, or are still searching will all be engaged and challenged…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Jan 6, 2011

Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed - Jared Diamond

One of those books I've always meant to read - still got to get to Guns, Germs & Steel - but I found it hard going from the off. There…

Started by Bern

3 Jan 6, 2011
Reply by Thursday Mens reading group

At Home: A Short History Of Private Life - Bill Bryson

Another entertaining travel book from Bill Bryson, this time through his  home. Everyday objects and domestic rituals provide the launch…

Started by Bern

2 Jan 4, 2011
Reply by Kim Allen Scott

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service