The Marriage Plot is a very readable and enjoyable book by the author of Middlesex. It is essentially a love story that has so much going on it is impossible to write a review without giving away too much.It is a book that you can relate to on many levels. Its no wonder it has been awarded A New York Times Notable Book of 2011, A Publisher's Weekly Top 10 Book of 2011, A Kirkus Reviews Top 25 Best Fiction of 2011 Title, One of Library Journal's Best Books of 2011, A Salon Best Fiction of 2011 title and one of The Telegraph’s Best Fiction Books of the Year 2011.

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thoroughly enjoyed this book also and would highly recommend it. A good Book Club selection I should think. This is going on to 'my favourite reads' for 2012 list.

After wading through the first half and wondering why on earth you two thought this book was so great, I am pleased to say that this book grew on me and by the time I finished it I didn't dislike Madeleine (and her parents!) as much as I did in the beginning and decided that overall this is a pretty good read (once you get past the halfway hump!).

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service