I feel I should start this review with a quick definition of what a book is.
• noun 1 a written or printed work consisting of pages glued or sewn together along one side and bound in covers. 2 a main division of a literary work or of the Bible. 3 a bound set of blank sheets for writing in: an exercise book. 4 (books) a set of records or accounts. 5 a set of tickets, stamps, matches, etc., bound together. 6 a bookmaker’s record of bets accepted and money paid out.

Putting that aside let's move on to the BOOK at hand.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was adopted on the 10th of December 1948. It contained a set of foward thinking laws to apply to all human beings for our safety and protection from oppression. As I was skimming through them, resting in my leather bound chair, a glass of sherry at my side, I was particularly drawn to Article 19 which I will reprint here.

"Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers."

How interesting I exclaimed! My sherry upset onto the rich vanilla carpets my mind upset with the prospect that I would actually have to respect someone else's opinions. The nerve of this concept still makes me aggravated as I write this review. I am a powerful man with a position that demands respect! Why cant I tell other people what to think or at the very least silence them so their dribble doesnt infect other people's minds!
I did not like this BOOK one bit and I plan to ignore its guidelines whenever possible!

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Frontiers of regardless and media any? Through ideas and information, impart and receive. Seek to and interference, without opinions hold to freedom includes! Right this expression and opinion of freedom to! Right the has everyone!

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service