Australian Author (44)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sarah Thornhill by Kate Grenville

With this book I connected to the early settlements on the Hawksbury river through the wonderfully written dialogues as spoken by the illit…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Dec 19, 2011

The Riders / by Tim Winton

In my opinion Tim Winton is a very gifted writer, but this book makes me doubt his abilities as a storyteller.  It is filled with the autho…

Started by Kim Allen Scott

4 Nov 24, 2011
Reply by Jane B

Bushrangers: Australia's Greatest Self-Made Heroes / by Evan McHugh

It pains me to criticize a gift, and when the gift happens to be a book that was selected with care by a friend, the pain is excruciating. …

1 Sep 29, 2011
Reply by Jane B

Past the Shallows- Favel Parrett

I do like to read Australian fiction when I can, and I had heard good things about this book before I picked it up. It didn't disappoint -…

Started by Kate

0 Aug 30, 2011

The Precipice - Virginia Duigan

This book could have been good. Retired school principal, (and we all know how weird they can be)loses everything in the stockmarket crash…

Started by Jane B

0 Aug 11, 2011

Indelible ink by Fiona McGregor

This book traces expectations gone awry with this difference: the optimism of youth is gone and there is a sense that Marie is trapped.  S…

Started by Jenni Wong

2 Aug 7, 2011
Reply by MLB

Coonardoo / by Katharine Susannah Prichard

Some artists paint with brush and pigment, and others use a rich vocabulary to produce lush illustrations of the factual and imaginary.  In…

0 Mar 18, 2011

Dog Boy - Eva Hornung

I'd picked up Dog Boy a number of times and having finally read it I'm glad I did. The theme of Dog Boy is the age old one of a boy being…

Started by Jane B

0 Feb 8, 2011

The House at Riverton - Kate Morton

The House at Riverton (also published under the title 'The Shifting Fog.') is an engrossing look at the social mores of the artistocracy in…

Started by Jane B

1 Jan 25, 2011
Reply by Merilyn

Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey

This is the Australian equivalent of "To Kill a Mockingbird".  It has great characters and a deep mystery that needs to be solved.  It's a…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Jul 13, 2010

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service