Biography (79)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Unbearable lightness by Portia de Rossi

This was an interesting biography of the actress Portia de Rossi. It was unflinchingly honest account of her struggle with her weight and h…

Started by Jacqui

0 Jan 11, 2011

Confessions in Letting Go by Corinne Grant

This book is a funny, honest and interesting insight into the life of the comedian Corinne Grant. As a self confessed hoarder she talks abo…

Started by Jacqui

0 Jan 11, 2011

The Glass Castle - Jeannette Walls

This book is written in the first person by Jeannette Walls who is a US writer and journalist and former gossip columnist. The book starts…

Started by MLB

0 Nov 8, 2010

That'd be right : a fairly true history of modern Australia by William McInnes

I didn't really enjoy this, maybe sport and politics aren't really my thing, although I did learn alot about Australian politics, which wa…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Oct 13, 2010

How Starbucks Saved My Life : A Son of Privilege Learns to Live Like Everyone Else by Michael Gill

This is an uplifting story about a man who was made redundant from his corporate world and found comfort working in a Starbucks where he ge…

0 Sep 14, 2010

Jenny's coffee house by Eugenia Jenny Williams

Life with its ups and downs. A refugee extended family escaping from hardship and poverty to start their new lives in Tasmania, the lucky c…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Jul 12, 2010

Oprah: a biography - Kitty Kelley

I was eagerly awaiting this new book from Kitty Kelley, queen of the unauthorised biography, and it is a huge book about a huge personalit…

Started by Jane B

0 Jun 24, 2010

Blind side : evolution of a game by Michael M. Lewis

A moving and fascination story about Michael Oher, who rose from being a homeless teenager to football stardom. Michael is black, illite…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Jun 9, 2010

Duchess of death : the unauthorized biography of Agatha Christie by Richard Hack

This unauthorized biography of Agatha Christie is thoroughly enjoyable, moving along at a cracking pace.  Richard Hack has included a sect…

0 Apr 7, 2010

Living Oprah - Robyn Okrant

I was looking forward to reading this book after hearing about Robyn Okrant and her blog on radio. Before I got hold of her book I had a lo…

Started by Jane B

0 Apr 6, 2010

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service