Biography (79)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

My Mother, My Writing and Me - a memoir by Iola Mathews

Iola Mathews explores a dilemma familiar to many women - how to nurture your own needs and creativity without neglecting your responsibilit…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Mar 22, 2010

All that happened at Number 26 by Denise Scott

I keep seeing Denise Scott on Spicks & Specks and other comedy shows and I find her to be hilarious so I decided to read her biography…

Started by Jacqui

0 Mar 17, 2010

A nice girl like me - Rosie Boycott

Rosie Boycott is an accomplished British newspaper editor who founded the feminist magazine Spare Rib in the 70's and was co-founder of th…

Started by Merilyn

0 Mar 3, 2010

The Age of Wonder: How the Romantic Generation Discovered the Beauty and Terror of Science - Richard Holmes

The story of the men and women who made necessary the coining of a new word - 'scientist' - first inscribed in the Oxford English Dictionar…

Started by Bern

0 Jan 23, 2010

Where Men win Glory: the Odyssey of Pat Tillman - Jon Krakauer

Wow this book hit me really hard and I can't get it out of my head. The story of Pat Tillman is an engrossing look at a young man whom Kra…

Started by Jane B

0 Jan 16, 2010

The Birthday Party: a memoir of survival - Stanley N. Alpert

Stanley Alpert tells of his kidnapping off the street in Greenwich Village by 3 thugs in a car on the eve of his birthday in 1998. Their i…

Started by Jane B

0 Dec 14, 2009

Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins - Rupert Everett

Got this for my partner (really) but ended up reading it myself in a couple of days. It's got an incredible cast with fantastic locales and…

Started by Bern

0 Dec 4, 2009

Stop At Nothing: The Life and Adventures of Malcolm Turnbull - Annabel Crabb

This is the main piece in the June edition of the journal Quarterly Essay. It was a very timely read as rumours spread of a leadership spil…

Started by Bern

1 Nov 26, 2009
Reply by Jane B

"Off the Road" by Carolyn Cassady

If anyone ever wondered what it would be like to live with Dean Moriaty (Neal Cassady) and Sal Paradise (Jack Kerouac) out of the book "On…

Started by Ashleigh Veitch

0 Nov 24, 2009

Romulus my Father by Raimond Gaita - a review from a Mosman Library Reader

This deeply felt and moving account of the tender, troubled relationship between Raimond Gaita and his father, also tells a priceless story…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Nov 23, 2009

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service