Detective/Mystery/Crime (53)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Port Mortuary by Patricia Cornwell

I think Patricia Cornwell has run her course with Scarpetta and is unable to bring a freshness to her that would keep her exciting. It ran…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Jan 10, 2011

Covet by Tara Moss

Tara Moss never fails to deliver.  The story grips you from the first page, and keeps you wanting more.  The word 'spine-tingling' has been…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Nov 3, 2010

Animal Kingdom by Stephen Sewell

A gripping criminal tale, I could hardly put the book down.  A shocking and horrifying look into a very real part of society.

0 Sep 28, 2010

The Surrogate by Tania Carver

Dark and twisted, but strangely compelling reading. The twists kept me guessing to the very end.  I look forward to reading more from Tani…

0 Sep 14, 2010

Charming quirks of others by Alexander McCall Smith

Although Alexander McCall Smith sometimes puts his main characters in peril they don't, in the end, suffer: leaving the reader feeling hap…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Sep 9, 2010

Mean Town Blues by Sam Reaves

Mean town blues is a classic noir crime story about Tommy who is home from the Iraq war after being shot and decides to go to Chicago to…

Started by Jacqui

0 Aug 20, 2010

The Broken Shore by Peter Temple

"The Broken Shore" is an endlessly entertaining snoop through the underside of a small Australian town full of racism and secrets.  Peter…

0 Aug 9, 2010

Blind Spot by Terri Persons - this week's winning review

A well-written thriller with a supernatural angle.  A very good read.   Congratulations to Laura Mock, this week's winner in the Read, Rev…

0 Aug 9, 2010

Merry wives of Maggody by Joan Hess

The town's fearless and pregnant Sherrif, Arly Hanks is faced with murder and mayhem in a 2 bit, hick town, filled with 1 bit hicks. A gol…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Aug 4, 2010

The Man from Beijing by Henning Mankell

First time read of this author.  Enjoyed the different timeframes and locations.  Found the story to be tense and gripping.  Need to read…

0 Aug 3, 2010

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service