Fiction A-Z (General) (343)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Shame on You - by Clara Salaman

A vivid account of a british teenager trapped in a family who are commited to a religeous sect. The leaders of the sect have quite extreme…

Started by AmandaS

1 Nov 3, 2009
Reply by Tim

Shanghai Girls - Lisa See

I loved Snowflower and the Secret Fan so I was keen to read Shanghai Girls and it didn't disappoint. The story follows sisters Pearl and M…

Started by Jane B

0 Oct 29, 2009

The Children's Book by A.S.Byatt

This book was a bit of a challenge at 615 pages ! This novel was shortlisted for this year's Man Booker Prize and it's the first book I've…

Started by Lindach

0 Oct 26, 2009

This Is how by M. J. Hyland

Having enjoyed Hyland's previous 2 novels 'How the light gets in' (2003) and 'Carry me down' (2006) I couldn't wait to get my hands on her…

Started by Merilyn

1 Oct 20, 2009
Reply by Jane B

The Weight of Water - Penelope Evans

I couldn't put this book down and read it very quickly just to find out what was going to happen to Sara and her selfish husband Tom. Both…

Started by Jane B

0 Oct 15, 2009

American Wife - Curtis Sittenfeld

For the most part I enjoyed reading American Wife, a novel based loosley on the life of Laura Bush. I read it over a rainy long weekend an…

Started by Jane B

0 Oct 12, 2009

Water, stone, heart by Will North

This book is not my normal sort of read but it was a good story and enjoyable. It's about a newly divorced man who is an architect who deci…

Started by Jacqui

0 Oct 6, 2009

The white tiger - by Aravind Adiga

This won the Man-Booker prize last year and rightly so. It's a brilliant portrayal of the complex culture of modern India. Balram is born i…

Started by Merilyn

1 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by Kate

Prep - Curtis Sittenfeld

I don't know why I kept reading this book. I think it was to see if somehow Lee would snap out of her self absorption, get a backbone and…

Started by Jane B

0 Sep 30, 2009

Stars and bars by William Boyd

This is a good fun romp of a novel, full of crazy characters and with a plot that twists and turns as you ride along with the story's mai…

Started by Merilyn

0 Sep 29, 2009

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service