Fiction A-Z (General) (343)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Legacy of Hartlepool Hall - Paul Torday

Left with a stately family home and a title after his father's death, Ed Hartlepool also inherits a massive 7 million pound tax bill, 2 hug…

Started by Jane B

0 May 21, 2012

The good father by Noah Hawley

In the same vain as books such as We need to talk about Kevin, The Good Father explores the consequences of the assassination of a presiden…

Started by Merilyn

0 May 4, 2012

The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

This review was written by David McMahon, a member of the Tuesday Evening Book Club. "The Road" is about a journey by a father and his son…

Started by Tuesday evening book club

0 May 2, 2012

Old Mortality / by Sir Walter Scott

I heard somewhere that religious wars have all the legitimacy of two children arguing over the relative merits of their invisible friends. …

Started by Kim Allen Scott

0 Apr 18, 2012

Me and You - Nicollo Ammaniti

This is a quick read that I thought was over too soon but when you consider the story, it couldn't have gone on any longer than it did. It…

Started by Jane B

1 Apr 16, 2012
Reply by Merilyn

Serena by Ron Rash

This review was written by David McMahon, a member of the Tuesday Evening Book Club. The eponymous protagonist of this novel is a mysteriou…

0 Apr 12, 2012

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson.

This book review was written by David McMahon, a member of the Tuesday Evening Book Club. This is the story of an unlikely romance between…

0 Apr 2, 2012

The Marriage Plot - Jeffrey Eugenides

The Marriage Plot is a very readable and enjoyable book by the author of Middlesex. It is essentially a love story that has so much going o…

Started by Jane B

2 Mar 27, 2012
Reply by Merilyn

Far North - Paul Theroux

This is a well written, believable and readable post apocalyptic book told from the point of view of a sole survivor, of Evangeline, a sett…

Started by Jane B

0 Mar 26, 2012

True Grit - Charles Portis

I had seen the John Wayne movie True Grit that was all about Rooster Cogburn the character played by John Wayne and when I picked up the bo…

Started by Jane B

0 Mar 12, 2012

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service