Non-fiction (145)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dewey :the small town library cat who touched the world

This is a fun and entertaining book about Dewey Readmore Books, the resident cat at Spencer Public Library who was returned in the book c…

Started by Jenni Wong

2 Sep 29, 2009
Reply by Read, Review & Win

The Corner - David Simon & Ed Burns

To get a sense of this story, think a modern Charles Dickens. The Corner is loaded up with memorable characters, all drawn from life, in an…

Started by Bern

0 Aug 30, 2009

Fast Food Nation - Eric Schlosser

The fast food chains deliver food that's consistent, convenient and cheap... right? This book looks at the economic ecosystem that sustains…

Started by Bern

0 Aug 24, 2009

Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything - Don Tapscott and Anthony D. Williams

My intro to Don Tapscott was the film Us Now. He stands out in an impressive class of talking heads with his pithy, business-focused sound…

Started by Bern

0 Jul 17, 2009

Salt a World history... by Mark Kurlansky

This is a very interesting book about the history of salt and covers its history from the earliest times to the modern day. Historians hav…

Started by DarelleFinn

1 Jul 17, 2009
Reply by Thursday Mens reading group

The Juicy Tomatoes guide to Ripe Living after 50 - Susan Swartz

This is a great book for anyone having difficulties coming to grips with being in their 50s. After reading this book I've decided not to w…

Started by Jane B

0 Jul 16, 2009

Blink - Malcolm Gladwell

Blink is an interesting look at how we make up our minds about people and situations in 3 seconds. I particularly enjoyed reading about ps…

Started by Jane B

0 Jul 16, 2009

H.M. Bark Endeavour - Ray Parkin

By chance I picked up on a discount table H.M. Bark Endeavour: her place in Australian history : with an account of her construction, crew…

Started by Bern

0 Jun 12, 2009

Love our way by Julia Rollings

A true story of an Australian family determined to bring up their 6 adopted children from various countries using networking of Adoption s…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 May 7, 2009

Being a Scot by Sean Connery and Murray Grigor

If you're looking for gossip or a Bond fan, then you'll be disappointed! This novel is rich with descriptions and reviews of Sean Connery'…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Apr 30, 2009

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service