Non-fiction (145)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Long Walk - Slavomir Rawicz

I really like this kind of book - human endurance against all odds and this one didn't disappoint. First published in 1956 it tells the st…

Started by Jane B

0 Jun 1, 2011

Not without Hope - Nick Schuyler and Jere Longman

This was an interesting account of what sheer detemination can achieve in the face of very short odds. Nick Schuyler spent 43 hours clingin…

Started by Jane B

0 May 28, 2011

Nice girl :the story of Keli Lane and her missing baby, Tegan by Rachel Jane Chin

A closeup look at the extraordinary case of Keli Lane - who was found guilty of murdering her baby daughter 14 years ago., just two…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 May 17, 2011

Just how stupid are we? : facing the truth about the American voter / by Richard Shenkman

This book asks one of the most difficult questions in America today:  are contemporary citizens intelligent enough to vote?  The answer, ac…

Started by Kim Allen Scott

0 Apr 15, 2011

The Age of American Unreason / by Susan Jacoby

Sometimes it takes a book to make you accept a reality that has been staring you in the face all along.  I picked up Susan Jacoby’s The Age…

Started by Kim Allen Scott

0 Apr 7, 2011

Rabbit Proof Fence by Doris Pilkington

Doris Pilkington retells the unimaginable story of three aboriginal children of the stolen generation.  Molly, Gracie and Daisy cross 1200…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Apr 5, 2011

Street Fight In Naples: A Book Of Art And Insurrection by Peter Robb

Naples never fails to make an impression on the visitor; usually it's at the expense of their wallet and passport. Sydney writer Peter Rob…

Started by Bern

0 Mar 28, 2011

I Remember Nothing - Nora Ephron

I didn't like this nearly as much as I Feel Bad About my Neck! It was still good though and I really enjoyed; "Twenty Three Things People H…

Started by Jane B

0 Mar 28, 2011

Trotsky: a graphic biography - Rick Geary

This graphic novel is a great way to learn about Trotsky. I learnt more about Trotsky's life, Lenin and Stalin, the Bolsheviks and the Mens…

Started by Jane B

1 Mar 15, 2011
Reply by Lindach

Honeymoon Dive: the real story of the tragic honeymoon death of Tina Watson - Lindsay Simpson & Jennifer Cooke

This is a sad tale of a young woman who loses her life on her 'dream' honeymoon in Australia while atempting to dive the wreck of the SS Y…

Started by Jane B

0 Mar 10, 2011

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service