Fiction A-Z (General) (343)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Summer of the Big Bachi - Naomi Hirahara

Having studied Japanese and visited Hiroshima, I found this book very enlightening as to the consequences of the atomic bomb. It also made…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Sep 29, 2009

The Tricking of Freya by Christina Sunley

This book is about a young woman, called Freya, obsessed with uncovering a family secret who is drawn into the strange and magical history…

Started by Lindach

0 Sep 25, 2009

American Rust - Philipp Meyer

This novel hit me hard on many levels. On the surface it is about two friends, Isaac English,twenty years old, brainy yet socially inept w…

Started by Jane B

0 Sep 21, 2009

The Alchemist

One of my favorites books, this book is simple but powerful. It tells us the story of an Andalusian shepherd boy, who travels from his home…

Started by Vanessa

1 Sep 17, 2009
Reply by Bern

Not that Sort of Girl - Mary Wesley

This is my first Mary Wesley book recommended by a friend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although The Times blurb on the front said 'part lo…

Started by Jane B

1 Sep 16, 2009
Reply by Merilyn

Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates

I’ve just discovered Richard Yates (thanks to the recently released movie) and can’t believe I haven’t heard of this brilliant writer befo…

Started by Merilyn

2 Aug 26, 2009
Reply by Jane B

Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones

Even though this is written by a 50 year old white New Zealander through the eyes of a 12 year old Papuan girl, Matilda, this book is comp…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Aug 20, 2009

Disgrace by J. M. Coetzee

When South African professor David Lurie's affair with a student turns ugly he finds himself without a job and in need of some time away to…

Started by Merilyn

0 Aug 19, 2009

The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff

Having read about the history of the Morman Church and plural marriages in Jon Krakauer's Under the Banner of Heaven I chose this book fro…

Started by Jane B

2 Jul 21, 2009
Reply by Jane B

The Garden of Last Days - Andre Dubus III

This book kept me entralled to the end. It covers a couple of days before the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Centre in 2001. Set…

Started by Jane B

0 Jul 21, 2009

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service