Fiction A-Z (General) (343)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Long Long Way by Sebastian Barry

I just love the writing of Sebastian Barry and this another of his novels shortlisted for the Booker Prize. This is the story of Willie Du…

Started by Lindach

0 May 21, 2009

The Romantics by Galt Niederhoffer

After reading Steve Toltz's A Fraction of the Whole I needed something mediocre to read before I got into anything substantial and so I cho…

Started by Jane B

0 May 10, 2009

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

I really enjoyed this book. It had mystery and a love story. There was also many interesting touches with the relationships between the ma…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 May 7, 2009

A fraction of the whole - Steve Toltz

At 700 pages long this book requires some commitment but don’t let that put you off as it’s well worth the effort. Martin Dean is an armcha…

Started by Merilyn

2 May 7, 2009
Reply by Read, Review & Win

The Gift of Rain by Tan Twan Eng

This beautifully written first novel by Tan Twan Eng is a moving complex story of loyalty, honour and courage set in Penang during WW2. Th…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 May 7, 2009

The dressmaker by Elizabeth Birkelund Oberbeck

This novel starts out early as a romantic conflict between Valentine and the dressmaker, Claude Reynaud (the hero). It is a journey of adm…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Apr 26, 2009

The memory keeper's daughter by Kim Edwards

Movie tie in (one release straight on to dvd, 2008! This profoundly moving novel is filled with a haunting sadness, painful decisions and…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Apr 26, 2009

The messenger - Markus Zusak

When taxi driver Ed Kennedy finds himself chosen to deliver a series of messages to unsuspecting members of his small town community he fin…

Started by Merilyn

0 Apr 17, 2009

God is dead - Ron Currie

God comes down to Earth to check on how things are going and takes the form of a Dinka woman, she lands just outside a refugee camp in Dar…

Started by Tim

0 Apr 12, 2009

Six suspects by Vikas Swarup

I was keen to read this after thoroughly enjoying Q & A. The story is decent and I found the American character very entertaining (a…

Started by Jenni Wong

1 Apr 12, 2009
Reply by Tim

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service