Fiction A-Z (General) (343)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Red House - Mark Haddon

I must confess I didn't read this book all the way through but skimmed it to the end to see if it got any better. It sounded good from the…

Started by Jane B

1 Dec 4, 2012
Reply by Jane R

Mr. Chen's emporium by Deborah O'Brien

"Mr. Chen's Emporium" is an easy-to-read novel of two women who move to a gold-mining town, one in 1872, the other, one hundred years late…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Dec 4, 2012

The Casual Vacancy - J.K. Rowling

Pagford and it's inhabitants are not very nice. Lurking under the cobble stones, hanging baskets and sweet typical English village setting…

Started by Jane B

1 Nov 20, 2012
Reply by Jane R

The Daylight Gate - Jeanette Winterson

Winterson has written an immensely readable ficitonalised account of the Pendle Witch Trials of 1612. The period in Britain during the rei…

Started by Jane B

1 Oct 26, 2012
Reply by Lindach

The Dinner by Herman Koch

Book clubs are going to revel in the dialogue this novel will inspire. It's been touted as the Dutch version of 'The Slap' but in my opinio…

Started by Merilyn

0 Oct 16, 2012

The Boy Under the Table - Nicole Trope

The Boy Under the Table is a very readable book about the redemption of Lochie, a little boy lost and of his saviour, Tina a good girl gon…

Started by Jane B

0 Oct 10, 2012

Jane Eyre

It took me a while to get around to reading this, and as the Brontes lived a stones throw away from me in Yorkshire (granted, before my tim…

Started by Fran Cormack

2 Oct 2, 2012
Reply by Fran Cormack

Blood - Tony Birch

I saw Blood while browsing through the 50 Books you Can't Put Down Guide produced by the Get Reading Campaign 2012 and it sounded good but…

Started by Jane B

0 Sep 25, 2012

Rocks in the Belly by Jon Bauer

This review was written by Cynthia Haskell, a member of the Tuesday Evening Book Club. Published in 2010, Rocks in the Belly is the first…

Started by Tuesday evening book club

1 Sep 18, 2012
Reply by Merilyn

Tigers in Red Weather - Liza Klaussmann

I don't know what to say about this book other than it kept me reading but also left me a little let down. It was touted as a 'must read'…

Started by Jane B

0 Sep 17, 2012

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service