Adventure/War (29)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Winter Reads

Started by Karen Redlich

0 Jul 3, 2016

Blackberry Wine by Joanne Harris

TRY IF YOU LIKE Mr. Wigg (Inga Simpson) The Brother Cadfael Chronicles (Ellis Peters) Caleb's Crossing (Geraldine Brooks) OUTLINE This is m…

Started by Karen Redlich

0 Jun 28, 2016

Black Mountain by Greig Beck

TRY IF YOU LIKE James Rollins, Matthew Reilly, Dan Brown OUTLINE A young couple go hiking up Black Mountain on a snowy evening. Soon after…

Started by Karen Redlich

0 Jun 28, 2016

Wildwood Boys / by James Carlos Blake

Writing believable historical fiction is a real challenge.  Not only does the author have to accurately place characters in the proper sett…

Started by Kim Allen Scott

0 Oct 9, 2015

Congratulations to Lisa, the winner of our Read, Review and Win competition.

Mosman Library’s ‘Read, Review & Win’ holiday reading program has concluded with a record number of entries.   Weekly prizes were awa…

Started by Summer Read, Review & Win!

0 Mar 3, 2015

King -- of the Khyber Rifles / by Talbot Mundy

I figure when a book has been made into a movie twice it might be worth reading, if for nothing else to see what sort of word pictures the…

0 Oct 23, 2013

The Battle-Ground / by Ellen Anderson Gholson Glasgow

This book is part of a new series by the University of Alabama Press that purports to be reprinting the “classics of Civil War fiction.”  T…

0 Jun 7, 2013

Covered with Glory: the 26th North Carolina Infantry at Gettysburg / by Rod Gragg

One of the more fruitless quests over the centuries has been the writer’s goal of capturing the horror of war and conveying that to a reade…

0 May 16, 2013

Gray Thunder: The Exploits of the Confederate States Navy / by R. Thomas Campbell

Occasionally when finishing a non-fiction book I wonder why the subject has never been made into a movie.  This was certainly my feeling wh…

0 Mar 19, 2013

The Woman and The Sword / by Rupert Lorraine

A few weeks ago a student came to my office with a box of early twentieth century hardback novels and wanted to know if they were worth any…

2 Mar 1, 2013
Reply by Kim Allen Scott

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service