Australian Author (44)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The narrow road to the deep north by Richard Flanagan

Not for a while have I had the privilege to read a book that so eloquently depicts what it means to be human both in the face of extreme su…

Started by Merilyn

1 Mar 10, 2014
Reply by Lindach

Floundering by Romy Ash

Australian writers do bleak family realism well and this short novel is no exception. Short-listed for this years Miles Franklin, which wil…

Started by Merilyn

0 Jun 15, 2013

The Lost Diggers by Ross Coulthart

A truly remarkable book, beautifully researched and presented!  The hundreds of extraordinary, candid and clear images of Australian Digge…

Started by Read, Review & Win

1 Jan 23, 2013
Reply by Read, Review & Win

Poor Fellow My Country / by Xavier Herbert

One of the more common trials of growing up is having one’s mother insist that you “eat your vegetables.”  Many of us can recall sitting at…

Started by Kim Allen Scott

1 Jan 15, 2013
Reply by Jane B

The Burial by Courtney Collins

This is a story based (very loosely I suspect) on one of Australia’s only female bushrangers Jessie Hickman, who having been raised by circ…

Started by Merilyn

0 Dec 4, 2012

The light between oceans by M L Stedman

Having read a number of glowing reviews I was really expecting to be blown away by this debut novel. Unfortunately by the end I was left fe…

Started by Merilyn

1 Oct 26, 2012
Reply by Shirley Diegelman

All that I am- Anna Funder

This book seemed to appear on quite a few of the "Best books of 2011" lists that I happened to see over the New Year period. It was this, a…

Started by Kate

2 Aug 15, 2012
Reply by Read, Review & Win

Mateship with Birds by Carrie Tiffany

A really unusual style of writing.  Very engrossing and true to its setting - a country town in Australia in the 1950's.  It makes me want…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Jul 16, 2012

Eucalyptus - Murray Bail

Eucalyptus, what a book! It was OK and yet I liked it. Easily put downable and forgotten about it was, once picked up again quite mesmerisi…

Started by Jane B

0 Feb 28, 2012

Foal's Bread by Gillian Mears

If you think by looking at the cover and title of this book that it is all about horses think again. Whilst the horses play an important ro…

Started by Merilyn

0 Dec 23, 2011

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service