Australian Author (44)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Moral Hazard - Kate Jennings

After reading and enjoying Snake so much I was disappointed in this book  - it was dull and superficial. It tells of Cath and her job rais…

Started by Jane B

0 May 5, 2010

Snake - Kate Jennings

This is a stark book that evokes the harshness of the Australian bush and the people who try to make a living from the land. The story focu…

Started by Jane B

1 Mar 30, 2010
Reply by Cindi R

The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas

The slap is the latest novel by Australian author Christos Tsiolkas. The plot centres around a group of families attending a suburban barb…

Started by Kate

4 Jan 13, 2010
Reply by MLB

Move to Strike by Sydney Bauer

For those people who like a good legal thriller - you can't go past Sydney Bauer. She delivers! 'Move to Strike' had all the elements requi…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Nov 20, 2009

Gorillas, tea and coffee by Kate Llewellyn

A very interesting book. The author gives a very real account of life in East Africa, as she travels through South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania,…

0 Nov 10, 2009

This is a great book!

I found this book a while back and I just recently saw it for sale on the Australian ebay called Intimate Pleasure by Brandy St.Pierre and…

Started by Amber Lette

0 Oct 20, 2009

A Million Wild Acres - finding a copy

Hello everyone. This is my first time on a forum, so I hope I am in the right place for my dilemma. My husbands 60th is in December and he…

Started by Marilyn McNama

1 Sep 21, 2009
Reply by Bern

Plains of Promise by Alexis Wright

A great read. An aboriginal woman who has made her way in the world searches for her background. Her search covers several generations, giv…

0 Sep 16, 2009

The Good Parents by Joan London

I often find that Australian novels dwell on long descriptions of boring inactivity - all in beautiful prose. This novel is not dissimilar…

Started by Shirley Diegelman

0 Aug 13, 2009

Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey

Set in Corrigan, a small Western Australian town in the 1960’s 13 year old protagonist Charlie finds himself dragged into a mystery surrou…

Started by Merilyn

0 Jul 19, 2009

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service