Biography (79)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mud, Sweat and Tears by Bear Grylls

I have to admit I love Bear and after reading his autobiography I love him even more. Fascinating stories of his life pepper this book and…

Started by Jacqui

0 Aug 28, 2011

House of Hits by Jane Albert

The story of a small Australian family music-publishing business, J. Albert & son. Now in its fifth generation, this unassuming company…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Aug 9, 2011

Your voice in my head by Emma Forrest

I first heard of Emma Forrest when she came out to Australia for this year's Sydney Writer's Festival and liked the sound of the memoir she…

Started by Merilyn

0 Jun 6, 2011

"Bird Cloud: A memoir" by Annie Proulx

I enjoyed reading this book as I have been to Wyoming a couple of times and I know the area that Annie Proulx lived in quite well. "Bird Cl…

Started by Ashleigh Veitch

2 Mar 18, 2011
Reply by Jane B

Dreams from my father : a story of race and inheritance by Barack Obama

Barack Obama retells the story of his life.  From his childhood to his successes in the White House, he leaves no stone unturned.  As the s…

0 Mar 8, 2011

Prisoner of Tehran : the end of childhood in Iran by Marina Nemat

This was a very easy yet informative read.  It was a true story about one girl's experiences of prison life in the political city of Tehran…

1 Feb 9, 2011
Reply by Read, Review & Win

The Tapestry of a life : an autobiography by Helen Sider

An autobiography of a remarkable woman. Whilst weaving a tapestry of her Greek heritage, she introduces threads of her Australian life with…

0 Feb 8, 2011

Holy Cow! : An Indian adventure by Sarah Macdonald

Absolutely fabulous - a real pure understanding of India, warts and all  -  great!

0 Feb 2, 2011

It's not about the bike by Lance Armstrong

Not my usual taste in reading however someone left it on our lounge after Xmas day and after reading the first page got hooked on the arduo…

Started by Merilyn

0 Jan 25, 2011

Mrs Fry's Diary by Mrs Stephen Fry

Stephen Fry's secret wife speaks out in this tell-all diary about Stephen's double life as a window cleaner, womaniser and sometimes taxi d…

Started by Jacqui

0 Jan 13, 2011

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service