Fiction A-Z (General) (343)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sea of Poppies - Amitav Ghosh

This book was great - a real character driven book set in the time of the Opium Wars. It starts in India where we are introduced to the ch…

Started by Jane B

3 Jul 20, 2009
Reply by Nerida Tupas

The Blind Assassin- Margaret Atwood

A friend had been talking about this book for years so i decided to take it with me on holidays. Despite winning numerous prizes, I have t…

Started by Kate

2 Jul 19, 2009
Reply by Merilyn

Any human heart by William Boyd

Logan Mountstuart, student, novelist, husband, father, spy, prisoner, old man. This is his story written in diary form and spanning most o…

Started by Merilyn

0 Jul 19, 2009

Larry's Party - Carol Shields

Larry's Party follows 20 years in the life of an ordinary man, Larry Weller, from the age of 26 in 1977 until 1997. Each chapter explores a…

Started by Jane B

0 Jul 16, 2009

A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz

Brilliant, witty I couldn't put it down. (This review was submitted by a Mosman Library reader.)

Started by Read, Review & Win

1 Jun 25, 2009
Reply by Andi Pandi

Disco Boy by Dominic Knight

This was a light and entertaining book that was funny and had some great lines. It is set in Sydney and was great to read that the main cha…

Started by Jacqui

0 Jun 23, 2009

Dog Boy by Eva Hornung

An incredible book that will stay with you for a long time. The author has succeeded in getting inside of the heart and soul of a dog. Dogs…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Jun 16, 2009

The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff

I enjoyed The 19th Wife so was interested to read another of David Ebershoff's books. This was his first and is loosely based on the story…

Started by Jane B

0 Jun 16, 2009

The Whereabouts of Eneas McNulty by Sebastian Barry

< I read this after reading the Secret Scripture by the same author and the two stories are linked. Barry wrote this about 10 years befo…

Started by Lindach

0 Jun 11, 2009

The Hakawati by Rabih Alameddine

I decided to read this book after it was sent to me as a suggested read via NextReads. I'm glad I decided to read it. In fact the book was…

Started by Lindach

0 May 26, 2009

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service