Fiction A-Z (General) (343)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes

This review was written by Cynthia Haskell, a member of the Tuesday Evening Book Club. Published in 2011, The Sense of an Ending is the el…

Started by Tuesday evening book club

0 Apr 5, 2013

In the Shadow of the Banyan - Vaddey Ratner

This is a heart wrenching story of just one family torn apart by the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia during the 1970s. Their story is told through…

Started by Jane B

1 Mar 20, 2013
Reply by Merilyn

Me before You by JoJo Moyes

‘Gorgeously romantic and partner ignoringly compulsive’ says the blurb on the cover. Whilst it may have some romance gorgeous is not the wo…

Started by Merilyn

0 Mar 20, 2013

How to be a good wife by Emma Chapman

This unsettling novel can easily be devoured in one sitting as Emma Chapman’s sparse yet compelling prose requires little effort on the re…

Started by Merilyn

0 Mar 12, 2013

The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

A very poignant debut novel about loss and abandonment, then finally hope and acceptance.  It revolves around the life of a young woman, a…

Started by Read, Review & Win

2 Feb 27, 2013
Reply by Merilyn

A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan

This review was written by David McMahon, a member of the Tuesday Evening Book Club. This book is an interesting set of stories about a gr…

Started by Tuesday evening book club

0 Feb 15, 2013

Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter

The novel begins with the arrival of a young 'dying' Hollywood actress at the tiny seaside town of Porto Verogna on the Italian Riveria wh…

Started by Merilyn

0 Feb 12, 2013

The Soldier's Wife by Joanna Trollope

An enlightening story about the intricacies of life within the defence force, and how what we do is a choice, and affects so many others. …

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Jan 29, 2013

Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegnar

How I went all these years without having even heard of Wallace Stegnar is testament to his underrated reputation as a writer. I was really…

Started by Merilyn

3 Jan 23, 2013
Reply by Read, Review & Win

Rocks in the belly by Jon Bauer

I've read some amazing Australian novels lately and this is no exception. Rocks in the belly is a psychological drama that delves into the…

Started by Merilyn

1 Dec 31, 2012
Reply by Jane B

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service