Detective/Mystery/Crime (53)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Third Degree by Greg Iles

What a great read. Greg Iles is a very talented writer and I've just become a fan. A most appealing psychological thriller. (This review w…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Jun 11, 2009

The Miracle at Speedy Motors by Alexander McCall Smith

Every book in this series is a delight but I felt that this one (No.9) to be even more delightful. Alexander McCall Smith uses his charact…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 Jun 10, 2009

Long Lost by Harlan Coben

It's been a long wait (3 years) for a new Myron Bolitar novel from Harlan Coben and it was worth the wait! Myron hasn't heard from Terese…

Started by Jacqui

0 Jun 2, 2009

The good thief's guide to Amsterdam by Chris Ewan

Charlie Howard writes novels about a thief and he happens to be one too! He is asked to steal 2 monkey figurines by an American who Charlie…

Started by Jacqui

2 May 31, 2009
Reply by Ronaldo

About Face by Donna Leon

This is the 18th in the Brunetti detective series set in Venice. At a dinner party given by his parents-in-law, Comissario Brunetti meets…

Started by Lindach

0 Apr 16, 2009

Cripple Creek - James Sallis

The 2nd instalment in so far, a three part series. I haven't read the first : Cypress Grove . Interesting story because it was so short. I…

Started by Ronaldo

0 Apr 10, 2009

Fred Vargas: Wash this Blood Clean From My Hand

i have just finished this book, the first i have read from this (female, French) writer. Apparently the book was put up for an award. It i…

Started by Sarah Gillis

1 Apr 1, 2009
Reply by Lindach

River of the Dead by Barbara Nadel

This is the eleventh book in the Inspector Ilkmen series set in Istanbul.I love the chain smoking inspector and his family and I would reco…

Started by Lindach

0 Mar 30, 2009

First the dead by Tim Downs

First book in a series featuring forensic entomologist Nick Polchak "Bug Man" and is set in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. As part of…

Started by Jacqui

0 Feb 24, 2009

Storm Peak by John A Flanagan

This book was written by John A. Flanagan who wrote the Ranger's Apprentice series for teenagers. So I knew it would be a well-written stor…

Started by Jacqui

0 Feb 12, 2009

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service