Fantasy (34)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

I've been waiting for the right time to read this book and finally when I was holidays I started and couldn't put it down! A beautifully wr…

Started by Jacqui

0 Mar 24, 2011

The Last Free Cat - Jon Blake

This YA book tells the story of a world where a deadly virus has wiped out most of the cat population. Cats are scarce and only the rich c…

Started by Jane B

0 Mar 10, 2011

Troubled Waters by Sharon Shinn

I'm always a little apprehensive starting a new series by a favourite author - will I like the new world, magic, characters and story? Well…

Started by Jacqui

0 Feb 2, 2011

The Trinity Trilogy by Fiona McIntosh

Torkyn Gynt, a young scribe with hidden magics, must assemble the Trinity and stop the destruction of the world by f…

Started by AmandaS

0 Oct 18, 2010

Fortune and Fate by Sharon Shinn

This is the 5th book in the "Twelve Houses" series but instead of like the first 4 books where they focused on each different character's m…

Started by Jacqui

5 Oct 18, 2010
Reply by AmandaS

Unholy ghosts by Stacia Kane

The first book in a new urban fantasy series set in a world similar to ours but the government has fallen and the church is now in charge…

Started by Jacqui

0 Aug 23, 2010

The Magician’s Apprentice by Trudi Canavan

This fabulous prequel to the Black Magician Trilogy is set hundreds of years before the events of the first books. It could be read on i…

Started by AmandaS

0 Jul 28, 2010

Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire

I thought this was an interesting read about a PI who is also a faerie changeling. It was a good blend of detecting and mystery but also…

Started by Jacqui

0 Jul 20, 2010

Nation by Terry Pratchett

Mau finds himself alone after a tsuami destroys his home except for an English girl Daphne was also shipwrecked during the storm. Other sur…

Started by Jacqui

3 Jul 16, 2010
Reply by Thursday Mens reading group

Magic to the Bone by Devon Monk

This was recommended by members of my paranormal romance book club as a great read and it didn't disappoint.This is a great urban fant…

Started by Lindach

0 Mar 15, 2010

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service