Non-fiction (145)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Speaking Our Language: The Story of Australian English - Bruce Moore

The author - Director no less of the Australian National Dictionary Centre - is currently completing the second edition of the Australian N…

Started by Bern

0 Mar 9, 2009

Eric Rolls - A Million Wild Acres

'200 Years of Man and an Australian Forest' - or, how it was and how it is in the Pillaga, between Narrabri and Coonabarabran, Baan Baa and…

Started by Bern

3 Mar 5, 2009
Reply by Ashleigh Veitch

Book of the Vampire by Nigel Suckling

An interesting book which gives the history of vampires across the world, it seems every culture has a version of the vampire myth. The boo…

Started by Lindach

0 Mar 2, 2009

In spite of myself by Christopher Plummer

A wonderful memoir and self portrait of Canada's famous actor. He is very honest about his failings. It was very interesting to read about…

Started by Jenni Wong

0 Feb 27, 2009

In cold blood by Truman Capote

Despite this detached and chilling account of a senseless and savage murder of a family, Capote manages to generate suspense and empathy.

Started by Jenni Wong

2 Feb 18, 2009
Reply by Ashleigh Veitch

Brilliant Corners: A Bio-Discography of Thelonious Monk, Vol. 89 by Chris Sheridan

A brilliant comprehesive look at all known Thelonious Monk performances and recording by well-known discographer, Chris Sheridan. Woven t…

Started by Jenni Wong

1 Feb 12, 2009
Reply by Bern

Language in Danger: How language loss threatens our future - Andrew Dalby

The loss of so many languages since settlement is one of Australia's great tragedies. As the author explains, each language gives a unique…

Started by Bern

2 Feb 10, 2009
Reply by Paul Ortega

Omar Khayyam:Poet,Rebel, Astronomer by Hazhir Teimourian

The author explores the life and times of this famous Iranian who was not only the author of his famous Rubaiyat but an astronomer and sign…

Started by Lindach

0 Feb 10, 2009

The Journey of Man:A Genetic Odyssey by Spencer Wells

I came upon this book while looking for display books and it immediately caught my interest.I've always been interested in the history and…

Started by Lindach

0 Feb 5, 2009

Universal Declaration Of Human Rights

I feel I should start this review with a quick definition of what a book is. • noun 1 a written or printed work consisting of pages glued o…

Started by OMO

1 Jan 29, 2009
Reply by Tim

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service