Non-fiction (145)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Europe @ 2.4km/h by Ken Haley

Ken Haley, an Australian paraplegic journalist, travelled from Russia to Portugal via the Arctic and Scandinavia.  But this is not the usua…

Started by Read, Review & Win

0 May 22, 2012

And the Band Played On by Christopher Ward

Christopher Ward is the grandson of John Law Hume, one of the band members who stood on deck and played the last requiem for the passing of…

0 May 22, 2012

Unholy Pilgrims : How one man thought walking 800 kilometres across Spain would sort out his life by Tom Trumble

A young bloke's tale of his pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago de Compostela.  From accurately  recounting the seriously long walk to des…

0 Apr 24, 2012

Mountain Time / by Paul Schullery

Yellowstone National Park is a very special place on our planet, one that seems to continually enchant or enrage every new generation that…

Started by Kim Allen Scott

0 Mar 15, 2012

French Toast by Peta Mathias

I thoroughly enyoyed this book by NZ writer,cook and TV personality Peta Mathias. The book is really a mixture,in that it is part travel,…

Started by Lindach

0 Mar 5, 2012

Love wisdom motherhood : conversations with inspiring women by Jessica Rowe

Enjoyable and easy to read.  Good to hear that celebrity mums also find the first few months of motherhood difficult  (even with their nann…

0 Feb 13, 2012

Poems and Readings for Weddings edited by Julia Watson

I'm having a Valentine's Day party, and each guest is to bring a love poem to read. Knowing some will forget, I called into the Library for…

0 Feb 13, 2012

Mark of the Grizzly / by Scott McMillion

When Americans think about the animal dangers of Australia the focus is generally on sharks.  After all, what makes good headline copy more…

Started by Kim Allen Scott

0 Feb 8, 2012

Three Ways to Capsize a Boat by Chris Stewart

For all those who have never sailed, but who like reading about the sea, and to all of us that love sailing, this book brings humour to lea…

0 Feb 1, 2012

You'll be sorry when I'm dead- Marieke Hardy

Marieke Hardy is a writer, speaker, TV host and Radio announcer known best probably for her stint on JJJ radio, and her appearances on the…

Started by Kate

0 Jan 23, 2012

RSS

Facebook

Like Mosman Library Service on Facebook!

Twitter Updates

© 2024   Created by Mosman Library.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service